Updated Information Regarding Visitation
UPDATED INFORMATION REGARDING VISITATION
EFFECTIVE MARCH 14, 2020
(*updated information is in red)
Dear Residents, Family and Friends:
On behalf of the entire team, we want to thank you for allowing us to care for you or your loved one. We recognize the high level of trust that you place in us, and we are committed to providing excellent care to those whom we have the privilege to serve.
As you are most likely aware, the country is currently united in its attempt to navigate the challenges presented by the COVID-19 virus. Of course, we have consistently been following the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control, including following strict handwashing procedures and, in many circumstances, wearing personal protective equipment when indicated by the resident’s presenting condition. We are also current with the CDC recommendations, and update our protocols as new information becomes available. Likewise, we remain in close contact with the local and state health departments, and appreciate their ongoing guidance and support.
On March 14, 2020, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services advised of a nationwide restriction on visitation in skilled nursing facilities. Recognizing the risk of introducing and spreading infection to the residents by allowing in visitors from the community, CMS has directed that only essential medical personnel or end-of life visitors be allowed in the Facility during this time. Until further notice, we will be following this direction, and will not permit visitors unless they meet the very limited criteria articulated by CMS. We continue to encourage virtual visitation by phone or FaceTime. It is important for you to remain connected with your loved one, and we will be happy to work with you to accomplish this in the absence of an in-person visit.
In addition to the above, we are continuing to be proactive regarding any infections that could impact our community. For your information, listed below is a sampling of some of the ways in which we are responding to the COVID-19 situation:
- Monitoring staff and those limited visitors who meet the CMS criteria for proper hand washing and use of alcohol hand gels/sanitizers upon entering and while inside the Facility.
- Using questionnaire to learn of any exposure generally or at any other Facility.
- Implementing isolation procedures as appropriate to the resident’s clinical condition.
- Requiring staff to stay home from work if ill.
- Limiting public entrance to one door.
- Questioning and assessing those limited visitors who meet the CMS criteria prior to entry, and denial of entry to anyone whose health or travel history poses a risk to the residents/staff in the community.
- Posting infection prevention signs.
- Monitoring the CDC and CMS websites for the latest information on COVID-19 prevention strategies, testing guidance, and recommendations for health care workers.
Please know that we are all fully engaged in taking action to minimize the possible exposure associated with this virus. We thank you for your continuing confidence, and for helping us in our attempts to keep our residents and staff safe. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions, concerns or requests for assistance. We will keep you updated as additional information becomes available.